Wednesday 23 December 2015

This is where it all started...


I’m not sure exactly how I got into street art but I remember hanging out with one of my friends in Adelaide and he showed me a bunch of local stencils and paste ups on the net. I remember thinking it would be really cool to add and be a part of that culture. At that time I was working on my first animation for a music film clip, 2 years later and I never ended up finishing it but I did start doing art on the streets of Melbourne.

My first piece was in Sep 2010 in North Fitzroy for my Sister’s birthday, it took forever. I had no Idea what I was doing,  my spray paint was the 3 dollar special from the hardware store and trying to glue cards on the wall with PVA plus freak’n out with every car and person that passed by but I got it done. 



Fitzroy around that time was awesome for street art and Graffiti, it seemed like heaps of people were doing it, there were still a lot of old pieces up from the early 2000’s. So walking around Fitzroy and the CBD was really inspirational.
 I loved this wall it had some really cool paste ups on it, I found a little spot…
This was on Rose St in Fitzroy, it was my second piece.


This next one was in Northcote… 


My 3rd piece was really the first one I ever drew up but didn’t put it out into the streets till later. It was a picture of my bestest buddy Suki.

Clifton Hill


Adelaide


No comments:

Post a Comment